Here are some ways that you can invest in your engagement or wedding shoot that will ultimately help to make your photos that much more memorable:
- Sit down with your significant other and discuss what you want to get out of the shoot. - Doesn't have to be super specific!
- Ask yourself where those kinds of shots would best be taken. (park, urban setting, at home, etc)
- Give some thought to your clothing for the day and any props that you think would be appropriate. A recent shoot that Last Mountain Photography did was a wedding photo shoot at an outdoor rink. Those sorts of things don't just happen, there was some planning on all sides.
- Phone your photographer and discuss what you'd like out of the shoot and see if he/she can offer you some ideas or steer you in the right direction. - I personally love hearing from my couples because it means that they value their photography, which ultimately makes better photos!
- During the shoot, don't worry about the small stuff. Your photographer will be there to make sure he's not photographing up your nose or any other unflattering angles. Leave that sort of stuff to him/her, it's more important that you relax and have a good time as opposed to worrying.
- Try to incorporate any little quirks/hobbies/nuances of your relationship together into the shoot. Maybe you have a certain little cutesy way of holding eachother, or kissing, etc that could be captured in a photograph? These little details speak volumes in a photo.